A grape vine has to be cut back every year or the vine will become wild. We feel, since coming here, that God has been clipping off so much that there isn’t much chance for us in the future. God wants to cut away the things that are not necessary. God wants us to bring forth fruit, then more fruit, then much fruit.
Psalm 101, there are eight wills. (l) I will sing of mercy and judgment.
Proverbs 20:13, “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper, but he that confesseth his sins,” etc. (2) I will behave myself wisely. We should be very careful how we act. first Samuel 18: 5, 14, 15, and 30. These prove that David meant what he said. Obey is one of the smallest words yet it means more than any other. It’s harder to do. Sometimes if we weren’t so big, God could do more for us. David always had a heart to go on. Good to have this purpose.
(3) I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
(4) I will set no wicked thing before my eyes. Jeremiah said, “Your eyes affect your heart, also your ears.”
(5) I will not know a wicked person. We will become what our company is. Good to choose good company. Solomon was not as careful as he should have been and we see the result.
(6) Whoso slander his neighbor, him will I cut off.
(7) Him that has a high look and a proud heart, him will I cut off. Pride is from Satan; not of God. Lowliness is God’s spirit.
(8) I will early destroy all the wicked of the land. The present is the time.